Transportation and Distribution
- WEB APPLICATIONS
Intermodal Container Tracking
ORBCOMM customers depend on the real-time data offered by our intermodal container tracking solutions for complete end-to-end visibility and control of equipment fleets.
Whether for dry or refrigerated road, rail or sea containers, users can better manage their transport assets, reduce fuel and maintenance costs, increase fleet utilization, and identify priority issues for rapid response.
ORBCOMM intermodal container tracking solutions provide commercial and government entities with actionable data—when and where they need it— on the status of their cargo in near-real time, even from the most remote regions of the world.
Improve Container Visibility and Delivery Operations
- Use valuable transactional information from containers to increase productivity and haul more loads by tracking dwell and cycle times.
- Improve information flow between intermodal/rail/drayage and back-office operations, providing customers with greater cargo visibility.
- Combine local intelligence on cargo status, door lock/unlock, loading and movement detection.
Locate Containers and Reduce Costs
- Track the location of empty and full containers using location and sensor data to avoid having containers sit idle.
- Safeguard chilled and frozen cargo from degradation while in transit. Reduce the risk and insurance costs associated with spoiled goods and cargo theft.
- Lower fuel costs by reducing theft and continuous run usage of refrigerated units.
- Reduce repair costs by scheduling maintenance when required.
Protect Cargo and Help Find Lost Goods
- Help prevent cargo theft and ensure the safety of goods by collecting data from door, cargo, and tire pressure sensors.
- Locate stranded, stolen or lost land or sea containers with GPS location information.
- Identify location of impact events that cause severe damage to containers and cargo.
Track Gensets for Fuel, Location and Operating Status
- Track and manage gensets in ports and intermodal transport network.
- Monitor alarms that indicate unplanned shut-downs, low fuel and other critical conditions.
- Reduce the number of manual inspections required to verify whether gensets are working.
GT 2300: Complete Visibility for Tracking Intermodal Containers
The GT 2300 is a robust container tracking device with cellular communications and GPS, providing visibility into the status, movement, loading and unloading transactions of dry intermodal container operations.
CargoWatch® Secure: Complete Cargo Security Solution
ORBCOMM’s CargoWatch Secure application is a robust and versatile intermodal container tracking solution that enables our customers to vastly improve their business operations. This powerful web application provides security, supply chain automation and a complete management dashboards, providing the ability to detect and correct supply chain anomalies in real-time.