Wireless Failover Solution for Enterprise and Retail Locations
Business Continuity through Reliable WAN Connectivity
Wired connections are not always available, so organizations need business continuity solutions that keep machines and processes connected, branches linked and transactions flowing.
ORBCOMM Enterprise Connect is an end-to-end 4G xLTE wireless failover solution for distributed enterprises and retail locations looking for reliable WAN connectivity for M2M/Internet of Things (IoT) applications or as a backup to existing broadband connections in the event of an outage.
ORBCOMM Enterprise Connect is a one-stop shop for wireless failover and consists of three components:
- Cisco® 819 Integrated Services Routers (ISR) provide automatic failover and manage connectivity services when primary broadband connection is lost. Wizard for quick, easy and secure setup.
- 4G LTE wireless failover connectivity from Verizon
- ORBCOMMconnect remote management portal to manage firmware updates, produce reports, configure alerts like when failovers occur, and set usage alarms to avoid overage charges
ORBCOMM Enterprise Connect is an ideal solution to provide primary connectivity for M2M/IoT applications as well as backup connectivity for transaction-based businesses and assets that need continuous high-speed Internet to keep their business operating, help prevent the loss of revenue and ensure customer satisfaction.
ORBCOMM Enterprise Connect for Business Continuity:
- Retail stores and restaurants
- Financial and insurance institutions
- Small businesses and branch offices
ORBCOMM Enterprise Connect for Primary Connectivity:
- ATMs, kiosks and digital signage
- Connected vehicles like buses
- Industrial remote monitoring applications in oil and gas, utilities and more
ORBCOMM Enterprise Connect is also a simple to deploy, pre-configured, highly flexible and fully managed service, allowing you to pick the wireless failover solution that fits your business needs.
The solution’s Out-of-Band Management (OOBM) functionality provides IT departments with a way to manage their remote networking devices without going through the same network through which data travels, or through a costly separate telephone (POTS) line. It also increases network uptime and reduces the costs to have technicians drive to branches to diagnose and fix equipment. Remotely troubleshoot, configure, and reboot firewalls, routers, bridges, switches and servers.